PLAYER & PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all Panther City Rugby policies that are posted on the website, provided through printed material or conveyed by other means (i.e. Coach).
- Play within the spirit as well as the letter of the Laws of Rugby (rules of the game) as are established by the World Rugby, USA Rugby, Texas Rugby and Panther City Rugby.
- Exhibit good sportsmanship and treat all rugby officials, players, spectators, and facilities with respect.
- Follow all team home and away travel rules as posted on the Panther City Rugby website and as communicated by the coach.
- Attend all scheduled team activities.
- Absences due to illness, family functions, or school activities shall be communicated to the team’s coach ahead of time to be considered excusable. Arrangements must be made with the coach to make-up missed activities.
- Report to training sessions on time (at least 15 minutes before the start time), dressed in approved training gear, and with sufficient water for hydration.
- Report to competitions at least 60 minutes before match time, or earlier if so directed by the team’s coach, with necessary match-gear and related items.
- Be attentive, cooperative, and participate fully in all meetings, training sessions, and competitions.
- Report all injuries to the team coach in a timely manner.
- Follow all medical guidelines established by World Rugby, Panther City Rugby and/or communicated by medical personnel.
- Refrain from use of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs.
- Refrain from the use of profanity and abusive language (i.e. sexiest, racist or otherwise considered demeaning).
- Refrain from fighting and any other physical behavior that is abusive.
- Not partake in or otherwise encourage hazing or sexual harassment.
- Communicate with his/her team coach directly about any questions or concerns.
PARENT / GUARDIAN WILL:
- Follow all Panther City Rugby policies posted on the website, provided through printed material or conveyed by other means.
- Assist his/her athlete in demonstrating good sportsmanship and abiding by the above rules.
- Support their athlete and team in a positive manner.
- Entrust athlete development and participation to the Coach.
- Not interfere with team or competitive activities.
- Not enter the competitive field when an athlete (our child) is injured until requested to do so by a PCR Official.
- Support the athlete in developing and practicing healthy behaviors.
- Secure and maintain medical insurance that covers sports-related injuries. Such insurance will be the primary source of payment for medical services incurred as a result of participation in rugby activities.
- Seek medical clearance from a medical physician (MD or DO) should an injury be considered significant enough to withhold the athlete from athletic participation longer than two days / 48 hours.
- If deemed necessary, Panther City Rugby will hold a disciplinary hearing with a committee selected by the PCR Executive Director to determine if any of the above parties were in violation of the general “Code of Conduct” or “Player & Parent Responsibilities”. If the party is found in violation, loss of playtime, suspension or expulsion will incur without refund or release of financial obligations.
- If during an away event, and in the opinion of the Panther City Rugby, the athlete’s misconduct requires him/her to immediately return home to allow the team to continue activities he/she will be sent home at the expense of the parent/guardian (player, if an adult) by the most immediate and convenient means available to the coach or other PCR official.
- All illegal activities or gross misconduct will be handled through available campus or public safety officers.